Daleks! - Complete Series Recap

It is odd I didn’t just watch this series as it went out originally. I suppose I was just bogged down by life in 2020, and it got lost in the shuffle. But I an glad I carved out what little time was needed to finally watch the thing. It is fun to have this mini animated spin-off added into the big ol’ Doctor Who universe. 

On the whole I liked this series. The animation quality is definitely iffy…I don’t understand how the fire effects looked so bad. I mean my god, they were reminiscent of webcasts like Shalka…that shit was nearly 20 years ago! You can’t tell me they can’t do better. 

But I think this whole series worked as a fun adventure featuring the Doctor’s deadliest foes, and another classic monster in the Mechanoids, and it wasn’t too bogged down by being part of this elaborate “Time Lord Victorious” business. If the BBC decided to produce other animated webcasts I would not be against it.

It could be neat if they could conceive a legit full animated spin-off for Doctor Who. Not Daleks, as I don’t feel this could really work for too many episodes, but theres a big universe that’s been created, and as Big Finish has shown, anything can be turned into a spin-off show. Oh I know it wouldn’t happen but little anthology series starring past Doctors in animation would be great! I need more Eighth Doctor in my life. 

It is possible I could have just reviewed the whole thing like this, but I was enjoying watching and doing full episode reviews as I do for all of Who and it’s spin-offs. The whole series is about an hour and fifteen minutes, but again I kind of enjoyed thinking and writing about each episode rather than blowing through each one after the other. 

NEXT TIME: The Tin Dog of Oz

Comments