Cybus Industries

Story: Rise of the Cybermen
Written By: Tom MacRae
Length: 45 Minutes
Year: 2006

The Cybermen make their return in the new series. Davies was smart to bring the classic monsters back slowly. Cybermen have always been second on the list of most popular and iconic monster next to the Daleks, so naturally...bring them back second. Sort of.
They aren’t really the Cybermen we all know and love from the classic series. The originals were from our universe, and these guys are from a parallel Earth. I’m not a super stickler, and I watched this stuff before I went back to the beginning, so I’m not hung up on the issue like some fans. They will return someday. The good stuff always does. The first part of this story is decent. But I think the second part is stronger.

I think John Lumic is a great mad genius villain as well, he deserves special mention.

NEXT TIME: The Ultimate Upgrade

Comments