The Captain's Work

Story: The Sarah Jane Adventures: Lost in Time
Written By: Rupert Laight
Length: 2 Episodes
Year: 2010

Not the best story of this season, but not terrible. I would say that so far this is technically the weakest of the season, but it just has a few more flaws than the other pretty great stories this year.
Basically Sarah, Rani, and Clyde are all sent to three different time zones in order to each find some metal object that will eventually be put together in order to save the world. It is just sort of a used idea. Finding different pieces in different places and time zones (In Who it has already been done THREE TIMES:"The Keys of Marinus" AND the Key to Time season AND "The Infinite Quest"), a random mission from a mysterious stranger, and of course the consequences of failure are the fate of the whole planet. So I think it loses many points for just not being too original. I also felt that Rani's story didn't hold my interest at all, and Sarah Jane's is only okay. Clyde's is pretty decent, but I think it also had the best pacing. I think his story had more story to it, whereas Rani and Sarah's both just seemed sort of dull and padded.

Anyhow, not the greatest but nowhere near as bad as it could've been...I've seen some terrible stories in SJA.

NEXT TIME: The Ealing Triangle

Comments