Mels

Story: Let’s Kill Hitler
Written By: Steven Moffat
Length: 50 Minutes
Year: 2011

While not as strong as “A Good Man Goes To War”, or many of the previous Moffat-penned episodes (both in the Davies and Moffat eras), this episode is a strong start to the second half of the season. It raises a few more questions regarding the Silence and the events of “The Impossible Astronaut” and “The Day of the Moon,” while answering a few more about River and the Doctor.
I definitely liked the episode, but it didn’t hit the high marks as well as Moffat’s other efforts. I think some of the questions that went unanswered need to definitely begin getting answered. You can only play that game so long...luckily I do really think this is the last time we will play that game, and that in the finale of the whole season, we will get many things cleared up.

While I wasn’t as impressed as I hoped to be, I still think this episode was quite good. Maybe a rewatch could change all that.

NEXT TIME: House Calls

Comments