Praise Him

Story: The God Complex
Written By: Toby Whithouse
Length: 45 Minutes
Year: 2011

This season, particularly this second half, has been pretty fantastic. I think apart from “The Curse of the Black Spot” every episode has ranged from fairly decent to damned amazing. The pirate episode itself was only just sort of average and nothing special (but really it wasn’t terrible).
This episode is scary, funny, and thrilling as the Doctor, the Ponds, and some new folks work their way through a hotel where everyone has a door...and behind that door is something they fear more than anything. The episode has plenty of philosophical ideas and genuine scares ,and a decent monster (which I kept thinking in all the promo stuff that it reminds me of the Nimon and the episode happily repaid my nerdiness with a little reference citing the minotaur to be a distant cousin of the Nimon).

All in all another solid episode, with next week looking pretty good followed by what I’m sure is to be a thrilling finale written by the main Moff...I think we are in for what may be the most consistent season since Series 2.

NEXT TIME: Working in a Shop

Comments