Mission on Opposite Ends of the World

Story: Torchwoood: Miracle Day - The Gathering
Written By: John Fay
Length: 60 Minutes
Year: 2011

While I have found the last several episodes to be engaging, including this one, I still feel as if something has been missing this season. Maybe it is too long, or maybe its the lack of focus on all the many ideas thrown about this year...but Torchwood just isn’t as gripping as it should be.
That said I feel that in this mostly middling season this episode is quite well written and does a lot to finally advance the plot. I feel like the reveals of the last couple of episodes should have been revealed sooner...or at the very least been hinted at earlier. Maybe if instead of bringing up so many extra go nowhere plots and red herrings they actually focused on the families and the cause of the miracle, instead of all of the many repercussions of the miracle....then this season might have had a chance to make Torchwood back for good.

I’m ready for the finale, I want to get the final answers, and to just finish this season. It has had its moments, its good ideas, but its worn out its welcome and I am ready for Torchwood to come to an end, which I really believe will happen after the finale...I think the show has run its course.

NEXT TIME: The Unstoppable Three Families

Comments