The Dream Lord

Story: Amy's Choice
Written By: Simon Nye
Length: 45 Minutes
Year: 2010

This was a great episode. It had plenty of twists and turns to make you keep questioning yourself every time you thought one place and time was the reality. At first it seems absolutely silly to think that anything but the TARDIS area is the reality, but it puts in enough questions that get you doubting it.
The Dream Lord is a great character, and its too bad that the revelation of who he was makes it pretty clear he will not appear again, but his performance was top notch.
The end results are pretty good, and its nice to have some closure on the Amy-Doctor-Rory triangle, and I prefer the idea of Amy really wanting to be with Rory. I also continue to enjoy Rory's presence in the series, I wish his name were added to the credits. I see no reason for them not to be.

In a season that fell flat for me on almost all the episodes not written by Moffat, I found this, and "The Lodger" to be two bright spots in a somewhat humdrum run of episodes.

NEXT TIME: From Deep Below the Earth

Comments