Catacombs Of Death

Story: The Masque of Mandragora
Written By: Louis Marks
Length: 4 Episodes
Year: 1976

"The Masque of Mandragora" is a slow start to Season 14. Its not just slow. Its boring. Re-watching this was pretty much a failure, as I only got through the first two episodes before I said "I remembered this one right - BORING." There is so much padding in these episodes that I could see it working as a 2 part story.
I mean that, if they dropped 50% of whats on the screen, this probably could've been a real gripping 2 parter, but instead its a slow boring mess, with a lot of looking and slow talking, and slow walking, and scenery, and just slow slow slow. The cliffhangers for both episodes I saw were completely boring and cliche. The Doctor's head on the chopping block - SEEN THE EXECUTION CLIFFHANGER. Sarah caught by the villains, no escape this time - SEEN THAT.

So fairly boring and cliffhangers that aren't terribly new.

NEXT TIME: And She Leaves...

Comments