Escape from the Eye of Horus

Story: Pyramids of Mars
Written By: Stephen Harris
Length: 4 Episodes
Year: 1975

I just re-watched this story, and I honestly can't remember why I didn't care for it the first time I saw it. Sure its a bit slow at times, but overall its a very well written and performed story. It doesn't get to complicated, so it doesn't trip over itself too often. It has a lot of outdoor location shooting, which is always a plus in Classic Who, for the sets where never all that believable (especially in the 70s/80s), and the characters are all given a bit of depth, which was often an issue with the old series. Pyramids of Mars is a great Doctor Who story!
Tom Baker is in good form here, and he underplays the Doctor very well, something he did great in his first 2 or 3 seasons...before he got a little carried away and started to play him over the top. He does his distracted acting, which I love in his Doctor, acting like he isn't paying attention to anyone, yet paying attention to everything.

I think I rushed through some of my Who the first time I watched them, sometimes I was just having it on to say I've seen everything...but really that means nothing if I don't pay attention. Re-watching some of these to review them is making me appreciate how good this show really is...and why it is now, and forever will be...my favorite TV show.

NEXT TIME: The Kraal Invasion

Comments