Krillitane

Story: School Reunion
Written By: Toby Whithouse
Length: 45 Minutes
Year: 2006

Oh. Sarah. When I originally watched this, I hadn’t seen any classic Who beyond “The Five Doctors,” which she happens to be in, but in a limited role. So I didn’t know Sarah, but watching this I FELT like I knew Sarah. And when you go back and actually watch all her episodes...this episode is even better. Not too mention you kind of get a better characterization of her in this episode then her 4 or 5 odd years actually on the show.
What is amazing about this episode is not so much how great it is to both Sarah and K-9 in the show again, or that the monster is pretty good all around, but the fact that David Tennant makes me believe that he knew Sarah Jane personally. That’s weird considering this actor grew up WATCHING Sarah Jane on TV.

The end with K-9 saving the day and dying is pretty sad, especially for being the silly little tin dog that looks like it was made in the 70s. What a great episode, definitely a highlight of the season. Oh and Mickey joins the TARDIS crew.

NEXT TIME: Reinette and the Lonely Angel

Comments