No Child of Earth

Story: Death Comes to Time
Written By: Colin Meek
Length: 5 Episodes
Year: 2002

So its a new decade, a new century even, and Doctor gets another chance to live, with the expansion of the internet. It was sort of one of the earliest webcasts, and the BBC decided that Doctor Who was a good show to start the venture on. It makes a lot of sense, for of the properties the BBC owns, Doctor Who had a pretty big internet fanbase. Sci-fi/fantasy brings that out in fanbases.
So the first attempt at this is "Death Comes to Time", a story that is not considered canon due to its end, in which the Seventh Doctor supposedly dies. That all said, the webcast is no longer up on the web, but the audio was released, and I have it...its damn good. Probably some of the strongest work from Sylvester McCoy as the Doctor as well.

I'd say if you happen upon this anywhere, I got it from my local library, pick it up, check it out, give it a listen. I really enjoyed it. I would say its sort of an alternate end for the Doctor.

NEXT TIME: Big Finish teams up with BBCi

Comments