Every Tick of My Heart

Story: The Girl in the Fireplace
Written By: Steven Moffat
Length: 45 Minutes
Year: 2006

Once again, Steven Moffat takes home the best of the season award. This is not only one of the best episodes of this season in particular, but of the entirety of Who. It exemplifies what is so good about this show, in so many ways. It has the spaceship in the future, and 17th century France, creepy scary robot monsters, action, adventure, emotions, jabbering clever Doctor, and a sad ending to boot.
The Clockwork Robots are fantastic and look brilliant. They actually gave me a jump the first time I watched this. The first time I saw how scary the show can be.

I love this episode so much, as it was the episode I watched that made go back and watch the entirety of Series 1, before hand I was just finding any Series 2 episode I could find. This made me go back and get hooked. Until I ran out of episodes…and had to hit the well of old 60s, 70s, and 80s stuff to survive. This episode made me the weirdo Who fan that I am today.

NEXT TIME: London. With Zeppelins.

Comments