Doctor Who: Season Nine Recap

Had it not been for "The Sea Devils" and "The Time Monster", I feel Season 9 would have been a complete let down after Season 8. "The Time Monster" itself isn't as good as it could have been but is saved by Delgado and Pertwee, and to a lesser extent the Brig, Benton, and Jo. Luckily with The Sea Devils in the middle of everything, the season isn't an entire waste of time.

The stories are either ill conceived (Curse of the Peladon), poorly written (The Mutants) or just not up to the standards you would truly hope (Day of the Daleks).

I would like to rewatch a lot of this season, mostly for the Dalek opener and the Time Monster, and maybe even make an attempt at Peladon and the Mutants...and if I do and my opinions changes I will come back and re edit my reviews. For the moment though, I think I'm not misremembering that much...and this season just isn't on par with Season 8. Luckily the feel and atmosphere of Season 8 is still there, and the UNIT family is always great to watch...especially in the Sea Devils.

NEXT TIME: 10 Years in the TARDIS

Comments