The Space Trap

Story: The Krotons
Written By: Robert Holmes
Length: 4 Episodes
Year: 1969

"The Krotons" is, like some other stories of season 6, not missing. Its great to have so many complete stories for Troughton, though like "The Dominators", I really feel this story falls flat. For some reason it just seemed rather slow to me, and I wasn't completely engaged.
All of this is rather odd, but everyone has to start somewhere. Robert Holmes is the writer of this script. It is his first Who, and he will eventually become Script Editor (one of the most popular with the fans). And he really does get rather good, but his first story isn't all that special.

If I ever get the chance to see this again (and less face it I will find and take that chance), I will re-review it, and give a different perspective on it. I'm writing this review from memory, and my memory says that I didn't entirely enjoy this the first time. I wouldn't say it was completely unwatchable, but it certainly wasn't the height of excitement either.

NEXT TIME: The Return of the Ice Warriors

Comments