The TARDIS at the OK Coral

Story: The Gunfighters
Written By: Donald Cotton
Length: 4 Episodes
Year: 1966

"The Gunfighters" is a bad comedy episode. I'm not one of those sci-fi fans who hates comedy episodes either, I usually love them. This is bad comedy though, and as I'm not much a western fan to begin with, nothing in this episode worked for me. Dodo continues to be rather useless, and even Steven doesn't do anything special here (except sing...weird!).
Hartnell is decent considering how hard it seemed to become for him to remember any lines. There is also this annoying song that plays throughout the 4 episodes that just bothers me, its sort of a Ballad of the Doctor in the Old West type of song, and its poorly written and performed.

Just a strange episode, and it makes you wonder...of all those missing episodes, particularly of this season, this one had to survive?  I'm not saying it shouldn't have, but I think I'd gladly trade in this clunker for "The Daleks' Master Plan".

NEXT TIME: This time he MEANS it.

Comments