Pirates...

Story: The Smugglers
Written By: Brian Hayles
Length: 4 Episodes
Year: 1966

Maybe its because its missing, I have no idea if the reconstructions didn't do this story justice...but in my personal opinion, "The Smugglers" is the most forgettable episode I've seen of Doctor Who. I know that there a pirates involved, that its Ben and Polly's first trip in the TARDIS, and that it is Hartnell's penultimate story...but other than I can never remember anything from this story. Just that I never stayed focused trying to watch the recon.
Maybe someday they will animate all the missing stories (in a pig's eye...) and I will see a whole new side to this story. Until then, I'll just go on forgetting it...theres 30 odd years to choose from after all.

NEXT TIME: This old body of mine is wearing a bit thin...

Comments