Quite the Spirited Adventure

Story: The Sensorites
Written By: Peter R. Newman
Length: 6 Episodes
Year: 1964

The Sensorites is notable for taking a strange race of people, who look weird...and cheaply made, and somehow manages to get a strong moral tale out of it. The ends do not justify the means, and the story is for the most part kind of boring and silly. But the slight twist at the end, in which it is revealed that it is human beings that are the monsters is a nice twist.
Susan gets a part in the plot with her psychic connection to the Sensorites. Heres something i haven't mentioned in my reviews thus far that I feel I should confess: I do not like Susan. She spends far too much time crying and screaming and hurting her weak ankles, and not a whole lot of time actually being productive in the TARDIS crew, she seems to be the weak link...which is odd consideriing she has more experience than Ian or Barbara, and they seem to work better under the circumstances. Therefore, a story that focuses on Susan for a bit isn't going to be my favorite.

There is very little that remains memorable about the Sensorites, beyond the strange looking alien race and the slight twist at the end. I would like to see it again sometime...maybe then I will give a better review, but for now, with what remains memorable, I would say its a slightly weaker storyline.

NEXT TIME: The French Revolution

Comments