Abaddon

Story: Torchwoood: End of Days
Written By: Chris Chibnall
Length: 50 Minutes
Year: 2007

As finales go, I've seen worse. I would say that if you were really thinking Torchwood was going nowhere and a lost cause, this would be as good a place as any to just give up on it. Had I not seen an episode from Series 2 before I actually watched this first series, and I had I not heard that "things get better", I would have probably just ended here as well.
We get some closure for the storylines, and Jack gets a nice scene we he points out all the shit that annoys you about these characters. Tosh fucked an alien chick for a pendant, Owen tried to fight a weevil, Ianto kept his cyber-girl in the basement, and...uh...Gwen is a skank.

I also felt using Jack's life-fullness to their advantage was a decent closure of the story. Add on to that that we get closure on the villain from the previous episode (though why he had pieces to the Rift manipulator thing in Torchwood still makes absolutely no sense). All in all I'd say that this season at least ended strongly.

Oh and Jack hears the TARDIS as his hand in a jar glows...so he runs off (to "Utopia")

NEXT TIME: Torchwood Series 1 Recap

Comments