Jonah

Story: Torchwoood: Adrift
Written By: Chris Chibnall
Length: 50 Minutes
Year: 2008

"Adrift" is sort of a case of a decent idea, with some thought put into it, that is for the most part executed well...yet somehow falls into the category of forgettable. I can't say i remembered much about this episode before I re-watched it. After I finished it this second time...I really felt like I could see why.
Its just kind of slow moving, and while that's not entirely bad and all it just really is forgettable. When you have great episodes like "Sleeper", "Reset", "Dead Man Walking", and "A Day in the Death"...and even the following two episodes "Fragments" and "Exit Wounds"...your bound to forget this slow paced episode with little action.

I did like that even though Gwen remained kind of a know-it-all twat for a good chunk of the episode, she is just plain wrong and is called out in the end by the very person she was attempting to help. You get the sense shes learned a lesson here. It makes her behavior here on out seem like shes a little more bright and mature. Good stuff. Too bad the packaging is slightly dull.

NEXT TIME: Pieces of the Past

Comments