A Stowaway

Story: Voyage of the Damned
Written By: Russell T. Davies
Length: 71 Minutes
Year: 2007

This one is tricky. On the one hand I can enjoy it for what it is. Russell T. Davies’ overblown Doctor Who disaster movie with a Christmas theme. But on the other hand it IS overblown. And I don’t feel the character moments as much as I usually do with his work. Also, Astird Peth as “performed” by Kylie Minogue is the blandest, most unemotional character. It’s like she walked off the set of "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones".
In the end, it’s just a harmless Christmas special, but I think it is over the top with a lackluster companion in Minogue. The Angel helper killing people have a look that feels like a nice homage to "Robots of Death". I certainly felt like it’s extended 72 minute running time was a bit much, and it could of easily been a tighter, better 60 minutes. Wilfred Mott played by Bernard Cribbons is a highlight.

NEXT TIME: The Fat Just Walks Away

Comments