Graske Happens

Story: The Sarah Jane Adventures: The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith
Written By: Gareth Roberts
Length: 2 Episodes
Year: 2008

This episode is weak in my opinion. Its not bad, but certainly not the best. I think I was in the minority on this one. A good chunk of the fans thought it was brilliant and the pinnacle of the series, where I felt that the previous story held that title.
My problem lies here: The first part is pretty good. The emotional drama for Sarah Jane is well portrayed. But in the second part it loses something. The Epic visual effects are pretty good for a low budget kids show, but the plot kind of drags.

Then the ending is just a complete rehash of the ending of "Father's Day". I wouldn't have minded if it was similar...if it was just variations on a theme, but it isn't. The same ending, the parents have to go die in a car accident, to be heroes. I find that to just be lazy writing on the part of Roberts.

NEXT TIME: The Return of the Brig

Comments